Coronavirus in Mississippi: Where can I find COVID-19 testing in Jackson metro?
Free testing sites for COVID-19 are increasing across Mississippi. Here’s a list of testing facilities in the Jackson metro area.
Where is drive-thru testing in Jackson?
The University of Mississippi Medical Center is offering triage for symptoms via a new smartphone telehealth app and collection of testing samples at the Mississippi State Fairgrounds.
- The testing facility opens Tuesday.
- It is not open to the general public. Mississippi residents must first go through a screening process through a telehealth app created by CSpire before scheduling an appointment. This process begins Monday.
- Tests are being scheduled only one day in advance, so if all the testing slots are taken, people will be asked to call back the next day and schedule a test.
- Facility will have the capability to test 128 people a day, or about 16 per hour.
- If you have symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath or sore throat, use the free app, C Spire Health UMMC Virtual COVID-19 Triage, created by the Medical Center and C Spire.
- The app is downloadable through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Note: If you have already downloaded the existing C Spire Health telehealth app, make sure it is updated Monday to reflect the UMMC Virtual COVID-19 Triage usage.
To learn more:UMMC announces testing site in downtown Jackson.
Coronavirus map: Here’s a look at COVID-19 cases in Mississippi by county
Coronavirus in Mississippi:Coronavirus cases increase to 207 in Mississippi
- St. Dominic’s Family Medicine Scheduling Center, 601–200–5000
- MEA Primary Care Plus Clinic, all locations, 601–898–7540
Central number for clinics: 601–362–5321
- Bennie G. Thompson Health Facility: 514G E Woodrow Wilson Ave., Jackson
- Central Mississippi Medical Center: 1850 Chadwick Drive, Jackson
- Ethel James Ivory Homeless Clinic: 327 South Gallatin St., Jackson
- Jackson Hinds South Clinic: 145 Raymond Road, Jackson
- James Anderson Health Facility: 3502 W. Northside Drive, Jackson
- Call to schedule an evaluation at its three clinics, 601–948–5572
- Main clinic, 1134 Winter St., Jackson
- South West Clinic at 5429 Robinson Road Extension, Jackson
- Tougaloo Health and Wellness Clinic, 500 W. County Line Road in Tougaloo.
Note: The sites will be available at no charge to all residents, even those who are uninsured or underinsured, said CEO of Jackson-Hinds Comprehensive Health Center, Dr. Jasmin Chapman. Residents are asked to call ahead to be screened before an appointment is made. Testing will be available during regular business hours. The central number for the clinics is 601–362–5321
Your stories live here.
Fuel your hometown passion and plug into the stories that define it.
Hinds, Copiah, Warren counties
- Jackson Hinds Comprehensive Health Center: 100 Magnolia St., Edwards, 601–362–5321
- Willie E. Simmons Clinic: 129 White Oak St., Utica, 601–362–5321
- Copiah Comprehensive Health Complex: 550 Caldwell Drive, Hazlehurst, 601–894–1448
- Vicksburg Warren Family Health Care Clinic: 1203 Mission Park Dr., Vicksburg, 601–634–8850